Women are 10 X more likely than men to develop Thyroid Disease
did you know? That ain't no coincidence......
Hashimoto's affects 14 million people in the United States alone (mostly women), making it the most common thyroid disorder in America.
Thyroid ultrasound rates in Australia quadrupled between 1997 and 2017. Both thyroidectomy rates
and thyroid cancer incidence doubled between 2003 and 2012 in NSW alone.
Between 2006 to 2010, thyroid medication prescriptions
rose from 50 million to 70 million prescriptions. Levothyroxine is the most commonly prescribed medication in the US.
All of the above suggests that we have a real global thyroid problem happening, and yet our Endocrinologists are not interested in getting to the root cause of thyroid disease.
Why are women specifically being so greatly impacted?
Could it have something to do with the fact that women use an average of 12 products a day, containing 168 different chemicals?
Or that the Contraceptive Pill impacts thyroid function through the depletion of core nutrients that are necessary for a healthy thyroid?
A woman doesn't just 'get' thyroid disease. There is always a root cause but women are simply not being guided or empowered to search for their root cause.
When I was first diagnosed with Graves Disease my Endocrinologist simply slapped a script in my hand and sent me on my merry way. Being absolutely clueless, I accepted that as the answer and never went searching until some 7 years later when daily medication no longer felt right for me. He did a disservice to me and honestly, it’s negligence and a pharmaceutical swindle.
What I discovered was that the WHY was 75% environmental and 25% genetic, therefore we have significant control over our health outcomes. This simple fact transformed my life, how I viewed healthcare and set me on a completely different trajectory.
Here's a simple breakdown to help you get to the bottom of WHY you have a dysfunctional thyroid -
1. Reducing our toxic burden should be numero uno and it was the very reason I got started with doTerra. As I began to educate myself on the hideous chemicals that plague our personal care and household products, removing all toxicity and preventing it from ever entering my body again became an obsession.
2. Addressing the health of our gut is essential. Leaky Gut, H.Pylori and Blastocystis Hominis
are all associated with poor thyroid function and elevated thyroid antibodies. Leaky Gut also has the flow on effect of poor nutrient absorption. Low iron, iodine,
zinc, selenium, vitamin D and hydrochloric acid all go hand in hand low thyroid function.
3. Move to a low inflammatory diet. Ditch the gluten, dairy, peanuts, refined sugar and drink only filtered water to allow the thyroid to detoxify accumulated fluoride and chlorine. The proteins found in dairy and gluten are involved in a process called molecular mimicry
whereby our immune system confuses them for thyroid hormone. As it attacks the dairy and gluten proteins, it also begins to attack our thyroid tissue creating inflammation of the thyroid gland.
4. Make a date with your dentist to be sure you don’t have any infections or festering root canals in your mouth. I'm serious. The close proximity of our mouth to the thyroid means that any infection hiding in the oral cavity will be soaked up by the thyroid. It certainly was the case for me. If you discover an infection on your thyroid/ tooth meridian - consider having it pulled or at least have it attended to promptly.
5. Undertaking a solid cleanse regime to remove stored heavy metals, non terrestrial radiation and support liver function is essential. The liver and kidneys play a major player in maintaining optimum levels of thyroid hormone so making sure it can do its job properly is key. Consider doTerra's Cleanse and Restore Program in conjunction with binders such as bentonite clay, saunas and dry body brushing.
6. Consider if you are being exposed to toxic mold in your home or workplace. Toxic mold is strongly correlated with autoimmune thyroiditis and an under active thyroid. Again - this certainly was the case for me. We were being poisoned in the factory that housed our business by toxic mold and we didn't even know it until so much damage had been done.
If your Endocrinologist does little else for you then renew your prescription, it’s time to make a change, advocate for yourself, for your health and understand that there is always another option.
I've recently put together a epic 30 page ebook on everything I've mentioned above + so much more. In my Uncovering the Root Cause for Thyroid Disease I share with you a roadmap of possible underlying causes for your thyroid dysfunction. These are the exact same causes I investigated myself one by one which has led me finally to a point where my thyroid is now the most balanced it has ever been with the lowest antibody levels I have ever had post diagnosis with Graves Disease.
I've included a full page of recommended Pathology work and Functional Testing to help you really get into the nitty gritty details of what's happening in your body as well as essential oil protocols, supplement regimes and so much more.
No Endocrinologist will tell you ANY of what I share with and this is exactly the problem we have - no Doctor seems to be willing nor educated enough to explore possible causes.
I invite you to download my ebook for FREE so that you too can discover your root causes and heal your thyroid once and for all.
Download my ebook here....