Have you heard of Rushing Women's Syndrome?
Rushing Woman’s Syndrome has evolved out of Dr Libby's observations of a shift in women’s health and behaviour over the past 16 years. Never before in her work has she witnessed so many females in a mad rush to do everything and be all things to all people. The repercussion of this….. a serious increase in people with reproductive system and sex hormone challenges.
This relentless urgency, this perception that there is not enough time, combined with a to-do list that is never all crossed off is having significant health consequences for women and men alike. This is the stress response.
Running on a cortisol and adrenaline charged system 24/7 without respite can result in significant health challenges.
It is super important to realise that we cannot live our lives in a state of stress response. It’s just not sustainable and the end result is burn out, thyroid problems, fertility issues, autoimmune illness and depression.
Luckily we have endless support from Mumma Nature with her plant extracts in the form of essential oils. doTerra of course.
These are 6 essential oils to support Rushing Women and incorporate into your life DAILY.
1. Frankincense: Frankie Boy is going to create clearheaded calm and support the nervous and immune systems. Frankincense slows and regulates our breathing which results in reduced feelings of fear, anxiety and stress. He also works to regulate the immune system which is critical in the fight against developing autoimmune issues.
2. Ylang Ylang: Has been shown in several studies now to significantly reduce cortisol levels, blood pressure and anxious feelings. When paired with Bergamot, the effect was amplified. The effect on the nervous system is both uplifting and calming as it works to allay mental fatigue and nervous tension. Also how awesome is this- A pilot study involving 34 professionals from a nursing group was carried out in Portugal to verify the use of ylang ylang essential oil in relieving the anxiety and increasing the self esteem along with alteration of blood pressure and temperature. The results showed clear evidence that use of this plant led to a significant alteration in self esteem!
3. Grapefruit: Actively pulls excess cortisol from the body as well as balances progesterone levels whilst pulling out nasty xeno-estrogens from the body that interfere with proper hormone function. Grapefruit is ALL about busting endocrine disruptors whilst alleviating stress, depressive thoughts and nervous exhaustion.
4. Rose: In a study published on postpartum women it was found that rose significantly reduced feelings of depression and anxiety. Rose balances our hormones and is often used as an aphrodisiac oil together with Ylang Ylang. Rose has the ability to increase our skins permeability which in a nut shell means it increases our ability to absorb whatever nutrients we apply. If you’re using shorty, toxic chemicals on your face obviously this ain’t actually a benefit!
5. Geranium: Geranium is balancing & uplifting. It works to reduce the symptoms of fatigue through restoring balance in your system. It supports the immune system and is a great balancer of regulate moods and hormones. Geranium is also a terrific nerve tonic being both calming and soothing to the Sympathetic Nervous System. As an added bonus, this beautiful flower is wonderful against inflammation. Like all flowers, she is everything soothing.
6. Bergamot: Honestly there is an abundance of research into the efficacy of Bergamot against feelings of stress and anxiety available. Just inhaling Bergamot offers profound benefits to blood pressure, heart rate, subjective stress, state anxiety and serum cortisol levels. As I mentioned above, when paired with Ylang Ylang and Lavender we have a powerful, all natural solution minus the side effects of many medications traditionally used. Bergamot is often found in recipes for Insomnia thanks to it's calming properties and rather perfectly..it's the Oil of Self Love on an emotional level, something women everywhere need more of.
How You Can Use Them:
- 2 drops of Grapefruit goes in every water bottle. (Glass or stainless steel only)
- 2 drops of Frankincense under your tongue every morning.
- Rose applied to your pulse points regularly throughout the day and Bergamot in your diffuser.
- Make up a body oil with 10-15 drops of each essential oil in a base of Jojoba of Fractionated Coconut Oil and apply fresh out of the shower from top to toe every morning.
Sure the above recommendations might sound like an 'ordeal' to get through every day but I guarantee you this...... once you create these little rituals and stick to them for a few weeks, they will be a part of your life forever.
Wishing you nothing but blue skies and sunshine.