Mood Juice by Organic Olivia
There’s nothing more comforting than knowing you have a natural plant based tool for the difficult days. Pair with your doTerra Adaptiv Blend for pure magic.
Rather than being a “magic bullet,” this formula is designed to calm, and strengthen the nervous system, supporting tension relief and gently supporting your sense of well being.
Mood Juice is designed with medicinal herbs that provide instant calming and relief for nervousness, they accumulate in the system and are able to touch deeper mood troubles such as sadness and melancholy.
The specific plants included help to increase the production of GABA, a key neurotransmitter that works to reduce restlessness and promote an overall stress-relieving effect. Other key herbs, such as St. Johns Wort work with serotonin to help you maintain a stable and positive mood.
The super herbs in our blend:
- St. John’s Wort – Considered both an adaptogen and a trophorestorative (meaning it helps to restore and rebuild the nerves over time) to the entire nervous system, St. John’s Wort is used for a variety of disorders, including anxiety, nervous depression, and postnatal melancholy.*
- Holy Basil – Also known as Tulsi, is traditionally used in Ayurveda for low spirits, brain fog, and anxiousness. It is an adaptogen and nootropic that helps the body adapt to stress, increases oxygen intake, and promotes energy and endurance. Although it contains no caffeine or other stimulants, it is thought of as containing gentle stimulant properties that can help with motivation and drive.
- Lemon Balm – Lemon balm is recognised as a nerve rebuilder and is used to soothe “sympathetic excess” of the nervous system where the HPA axis is in overdrive. By increasing GABA levels, lemon balm was shown to reduce anxiety, increase calmness, and improve mood.
- Skullcap – Skullcap is an extremely safe and reliable mild nervine that not only helps with nervousness, but insomnia as well. While herbs are usually studied on rats like the paper I linked above, there’s actually been a double blind study on humans where 15 women and 4 men took one of three types of skullcap preparations. They proceeded to rate energy, cognition and anxiety at intervals for two hours thereafter, and the researchers found that it “demonstrated noteworthy anxiolytic [anti-anxiety] effects.”
- Kava Root – shown to be effective for the treatment of generalized anxiety as well as promising for depression and stress, Kava Root is extremely calming and comforting.
- Motherwort – classified as a nervine herb, Motherwort helps ground you and improves mental clarity. It is often utilized for anxiety, including postpartum anxiety and melancholy often felt by new mothers.
By taking one full squeeze of the dropper bulb 2-3x a day, you will notice a calming and stabilizing effect. If taken consistently over the course of several weeks, deeper mood-boosting effects will take their course.
**Cannot be combined with SSRIs (anti-depressant drugs).
St. John’s Wort can make you more sensitive to the sun, so be mindful of excessive UV exposure while taking. Also, because this blend contains kava root, always ask your practitioner before use if you have a history of liver problems or are taking medication.