Liver Juice by Organic Olivia
Out of Stock with Supplier - Waiting for ETA on Return
Liver detoxification has become increasingly important in our modern world full of environmental chemicals, and the absolute best way to achieve this is to support your liver’s own pathways and functions with gentle and nutritive plant medicine.
If you are feeling sluggish, experiencing acne or skin and digestive issues, hormone imbalance, nausea or burping after meals, recurring bloating/gas, an inability to tolerate fatty/fried food, recurring headaches, especially before your menstrual cycle OR skin problems such as acne or psoriasis, one of the first things to consider is how well you are supporting your liver.
By providing nutrients and cofactors to this vital organ, you help your liver in its quest to protect you by effectively eliminating toxins and excess hormones. This ensures the function and balance of your entire system.
Liver Juice is designed to not only help reduce more acute symptoms, like acne, bloating and gas, but is excellent for long-term ailments as well such as hormone imbalance, liver inflammation and, elevated enzymes.
With detoxification-supporting ingredients, Liver Juice is an excellent tool to get your system eliminating all we’re exposed to on a daily basis so that you feel and function better. For those with MTHFR gene mutations whose detoxification/ methylation pathways are compromised, Liver Juice will help optimise those pathways.
The super-herbs in our blend:
- Oregon Grape Root – Oregon Grape Root is bitter and detoxifying herb that helps move stagnation within the liver and digestive tract. It has a speciic affinity for the liver, and is therefore an excellent promoter of bile secretion. This herb is wonderful for those who are dealing with sluggish or thick bile, poor fat digestion, and malabsorption. Oregon Grape Root also liver function by protecting it from viruses and other liver related illness.
- Milk Thistle Seed – Considered the “king” of detoxifying herbs, milk thistle protects and restores the liver by helping it rid the body of heavy metals, prescription medications, environmental pollutants, and alcohol. It also helps restore and rejuvenate the liver. It is a powerful liver cleanser that actually helps rebuild and protect liver cells as it removes toxins. The seeds contain the highest concentrations of the plant’s active compound, silymarin. Silymarin is an antioxidant that reduces free radical production and oxidative damage, and may also inhibit the binding of toxins to the liver. In animals, silymarin reduces liver injury caused by acetaminophen (Ibuprofen) and has been shown to have positive effects on alcoholic liver disease, hepatitis and toxin-induced liver problems.
- Burdock Root – One of the best blood purifiers, burdock is also an excellent herb for bile excretion and liver restoration. Burdock is known in traditional herbal medicine as a ‘depurative’ – a purifying, detoxifying herb for the blood that features heavily in folk remedies for skin disease, fluid retention, digestion and cancer. Burdock root has active ingredients that have been found to detoxify heavy metals from the blood, improving organ health as well as the health of the whole body. It also promotes blood circulation to the skin surface, which improves skin health.
- Dandelion Root – Dandelion root stimulates bile and relives liver congestion. It’s also a diuretic which helps the liver eliminate toxins more quickly. Regular consumption enables you to gently cleanse the liver on a daily basis lessening and preventing any further accumulation of toxins.
- Fresh Turmeric Root – Turmeric is a star ingredient here because it’s one of the only herbs that has a big impact on the much-sought-after liver phase II detoxification pathways. It’s very easy to engage phase I pathways of your liver (even coffee will do it), but most people get stuck because the toxins simply recirculate as their phase II is blocked. Turmeric increases glutathione production, which is a powerful phase II detoxifier and acts as antioxidant in the liver. Plus, its powerful anti-inflammatory effect makes it a great natural remedy not only for joint pain relief for liver inflammation as well! Lastly, turmeric protects the liver from toxic compounds and reduces micro-inflammation in the gut.
- Bupleurum Root – I added this herb in because of my love for Traditional Chinese Medicine. This is a main herb in the classic “free and easy wanderer” formula, which is used to release liver sluggishness that is causing anger, irritability, and depression. Bupleurum is indicated in TCM for liver stagnation, difficulty digesting fats, bloating, “Liver fire rising”
(liver headaches/migraines), and pain on left side of rib cage. It is specifically helpful when dealing with anger, fatigue, mood swings, and stress.
- Beet Root – Beet root serves as a natural blood and liver cleanser, and helps the body detoxify heavy metals, environmental toxins, excess hormones and waste. This is due to the fact that beet root is an excellent bile and lymphatic stimulant.
- Red Root – Red root or red sage is one of the most highly valued ingredients in Traditional Chinese Medicine. Red root works well with sluggish lymph systems, clearing away dead cellular tissue and stimulating circulation. I added this in to round out the blend and help fully usher out and eliminate any toxins that our other liver herbs are doing their job to clean out.
Take one full squeeze of the dropper bulb 1-3x daily, you’ll feel clearer, lighter, and confident that you’re protecting your liver cells from both current and/or future damage. For women taking liver-supporting herbs, especially within days 21-28 of my menstrual cycle is wonderfully supportive as this is a time when the body is metabolizing and removing toxins and unnecessary hormones to prepare for menstruation and release.